Saturday, May 5, 2012

Trying to Stay Positive...


Its been the strangest 2 weeks for our family.  First of all, we were able to sell our house in a matter of 4 days.  Yes - 4 days - in this terrible seller's market!  I couldn't believe it!  We had one open house - the only actual showing of the house.  From that open house, we received 2 offers - one of which was for just above our asking price.  Quite frankly, it could not have gone more smoothly.

I was so excited, driving to our real estate agent's office to sign the paperwork, when Matt called to tell me he was stranded on shoulder of Interstate 95 because his car had broken down.  Turns out - his engine was blown.  We spent last weekend scrambling to pick out a new car and finally succeeded.  We purchased a new Honda CR-V.  I thought to myself....Okay, despite the fact that we now have a car payment - things are going to be fine. 


Then came Monday, when I got into a car accident which totaled my car.  Fortunately.....wait, let me repeat that again.....FORTUNATELY - I did not have Katie in the car and I was not really injured.  But, we are facing ANOTHER big financial expense.  I had hopes of paying for Matt's upcoming tuition bills completely out of our savings.  But, as we seem to be dipping into those funds more and more, I not sure that will be possible. 

To top off a miserable series of events....Katie and I are both sick.  She has strep throat again....though seems to be recovering quite quickly.  I've had a cold/cough for over 3 weeks and with everything else that's been going on....didn't put much focus on taking care of myself.  The result - I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me I have a sinus infection, tonsilitis, and bronchitis bordering on walking pneumonia.  Awesome!  He sent me home with a double dose of antibiotics, a steriod, an inhaler, and cough syrup with codiene.....and a mandatory follow-up on Monday. 

Weeks like these past two make me remember my grandfather's saying that , "when you start planning, God starts laughing!"  At this point, I'm just praying we can all get healthy and avoid another catostrophic event. 

p.s.  Pictures in this post are from Katie's 2 favorite past times right now....."dress up time"......and "playing doctor."  My, my, my how her little imagination has grown these last few months.  Its so adorably cute!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment